So, I recently discovered polenta. And mushrooms. I know, a vegan who didn’t like mushrooms? Insanity. It’s okay, though. I’m making up for it 🙂
Anyhoo, my friend chef Barbara recently made an AWESOME polenta dish that I wanted to share with y’all. The ingredients? Blissfully simple.
1. uncooked polenta
2. your favorite meltable vegan cheese
4. your favorite roasted red pepper sauce
The directions? Also super simple. Great for college cooking!
- In a large pot, boil the polenta. Basically, prepare as directed by the package.
- When the polenta has started to thicken, stir in about 1 cup of vegan cheese for every 1.5 cups of cooked polenta you’re making. I know. Math time.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, heat up the red pepper sauce.
- Chop up the kale, stick it in another microwave-safe bowl, and heat for about 1 minute for every 1 cup of kale. (If I were being fancy, I would tell you to “wilt” the kale – but hey, you’re using a microwave. Not exactly iron chef-ing it here.)
- Plating time! For a single serving, put about about 1/3 c red pepper sauce onto your plate, add about 1 cup of your polenta, and top with 1/2 c kale.
- Lick lips hungrily. Enjoy!